Saturday, September 28, 2013

Easy Ribbon Christmas Tree

Not a lot of time to get crafty this weekend--kid sis and her husband are coming week after next so I'm starting to prep for that.  Tho I still have to squeeze in some sort of crafty something or I'll go nutso, right?

This card was so easy.  I chose a paper with dots that reminded me of snow so no need to emboss (tho I do love me some embossing).  I was originally thinking of sewing down the tree but back and forth?, along the sides?, tack it?--too futzy and too much thinking.  Instead I took clear adhesive dots and just free-handed it which was lots more satisfying.  For the trunk/pot, I  cut a small piece of scrap to shape, folding it and using a piece of foam tape to secure it to the card front.  I didn't think to add the star brad until after I'd taped down the aqua dot paper so I nipped off the posts and used a glue dot.  E.A.S.Y!

On the inside I taped a piece of light cream cardstock stamped with "May the simple joys of the season be yours."  I'll be using that sweet sentiment a lot.  It's so me.

The Details: 
Paper Studio Santa and Friends 6x6 paper, kraft cardstock from my old stash, organza ribbon from my gift-wrapping stash, star brad, clear adhesive glue dots, Scotch foam tape, Fiskars sentiment

I'm entering this in the following:  Festive Friday FFC118 Use a Star Challenge, Simon Wednesday Anything Goes Challenge, Cute Card Thursday 288 Ribbon Challenge, Whoopsi Daisy Ribbons and Bows Challenge, and Try it on Tuesdays "Going Dotty" challenge,



7 comments:

  1. I love that this tree looks like it is floating on the card - it's so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is simple and striking love it. thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card, I love how you have placed the ribbon
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a clever use of ribbon - love this - thanks for joining us at whoopsi daisy this time and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, how sweet is that tree made of ribbon! Love the look of it! Great card...thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea! And I love the little star on top. Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this one! Thanks for playing along at TIOT! Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!