Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hola, Mi Amigo!

A friend asked about Cinco de Cuatro cards the other day.  Estás loco?!  Don't you mean Cinco de Mayo?  Apparently not--check it out!

I just had to make a card with that theme.  OMG--the possibilities!  With this one I colored the image using Spectrum Noirs.  The sentiment I printed using Word (CK Oddball font).  For the shaker I cut out the frame using 2 nested dies twice in yellow.  I did this so I could glue the acetate to the frame then add another frame for greater depth.  The candy balls (oh, yes, those really are Xmas sprinkles which are also conveniently the colors of the Mexican flag) needed just a touch more room than one layer would have given.

I originally tried music notes instead of paw prints but they seemed too busy and took your eye away from the image.  The paw prints are more subtle and still convey a sense of movement.  I swear it looks like that dog is going to have a heart attack!

The Details:  Crafter's Companion cardstock, PTI yellow cardstock, Spectrum Noirs, Xmas candy sprinkles, MFT stitched squares dies, transparency film, Glossy Accents as glue, Darice embossing folder, my score board for the line

I'm entering this in CASology #89 Joke, Cardz for Guys #12 Make Us Laugh, Make My Monday One for the Boys, Addicted to Stamps and More! #89 CAS, Cuttlebug Mania Make Us Smile,

9 comments:

  1. Great card Toni, love that mad Mexican hound! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your amusing card with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh funny! And you did a great job of coloring this little guy. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The look on that dog's face is so funny! What a fun idea for a shaker card! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card just makes me smile! I love it! The dog is hilarious and what a great image to use for a shaker card. I love the embossing too! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever card, great idea! bet its fun to shake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fun card

    Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creation.
    Thanks for joining in with my One For The Boys challenge at Make My Monday.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card. Thanks for joining in with our Make us Smile challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!