Friday, August 22, 2014

Gotta Wear Shades


I immediately thought of the Seattle skyline when I saw Jennifer Rzasa's card for the CASE Study 4th Anniversary blog hop and I then knew what to do with the wedding card I had been asked to make for someone who had just gotten married in the UK--colorful love from Seattle!  

This time I used Gansai Tambi watercolors which can be made extremely bright by using less water or very subtle by adding lots of water as with the sky background.  Hard to capture on film but the sky's quite lovely with lots of variation--more like a true Seattle sky.  I also moved the sentiment closer to the skyline; I quite prefer this location.  Just like our city, your eye is immediately drawn to the Space Needle and then you take a look around at the other color elements here. 

Fun Fact:  We here in Seattle buy the most sunglasses per capita than any other US city.  I kid you not.

Card Details:  Gansai Tambi watercolors, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Versamark black onyx, Savvy Space Needle die, Memory Box Cityscape Nightline die, Impress sentiment, Pop Tone black licorice cardstock

6 comments:

  1. Indeed a very bright card, and the water coloring looks awesome. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous detail and I love all the creative thought behind this card. The sky is amazing. Thank you for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great colorfull skyline, love it. glad you joined us over at case study challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that skyline! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!