Friday, September 19, 2014

Rastafarian Hello

When I saw CASology's latest challenge "Grass" I immediately thought of grass.  Yes, the special kind.  It was last year that marijuana was legalized in Washington state so how could I not, right?  Plus, it'll be a fun card to send to someone as a hello from WA, relax or some such.

I masked off a square on watercolor paper and did a wash of Peerless watercolors in the colors of the Jamaican flag.  I then found marijuana clipart and created a stencil using my Cameo.  This I placed over the watercolor wash and sponged in black.  I then mounted on the lot on an A2 card with a narrow band of black peeking at the bottom to ground it.

The Details:  Peerless Watercolors, Strathmore cold press watercolor paper, Memento Tuxedo Black, painter's tape, Pop Tone Black Licorice cardstock

I'm entering this in CASology #113 Grass, Keep It Simple! #49 No Stamps, Daring Cardmakers Stencil Revolution

8 comments:

  1. Oh, no you didn't! I think you should get a special prize for having the nerve to make and post this card! lol! I was really hoping someone would do it! So glad you joined us at CASology this week! (those watercolours look amazing!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw this card, I wondered, "could she?" And you did! It's legal where you live so I think it is one of the best takes on the card so far! Your background is the perfect foil for this image, too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!! Funnily enough I thought of this particular 'grass' myself but couldn't think of how I could put it on a card. This is fantastic and I so wish I had a Cameo, must give you so many more options for cards than just what paper or stamps you own. Maybe I can ask Santa.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this, and I am from Washington too... This kind is grass is TOTALLY legal here!!!! So no offense taken by this chick. Great to see that you "went" there!!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TONI...you are a clever cardmaker...this is Grass and this is fit the challenge theme...hey the color also cool...you rock the challenge Toni...do you remember me from HOC DT member too..wish you have time to look at my grass card..its a manly card with football...have a great day Toni...(in which team are you I am sorry I forgot..I am from Cute and Fun team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spotted this in the gallery, and cracked up! Good for you for having the idea and skills to set it up...it's perfect! Love your water colored background and the Jamaican flag is fabulous!!! Thanks for making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card makes me smile :-) Thank you so much for joining us at KIS! challenge with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card had me LOL!!! I live Colorado so I know this all too well....lol!!! Thanks for playing at KIS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!