Monday, June 6, 2016

HLS Mixed Media June Challenge: Texture!

O, Happy Day!  Spring is upon us in the Pacific Northwest so I had to celebrate with a bright and cheery card!  It's all about texture this month at the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge.  We'd love to have you play along!

For my card I decided to use a quilt die as a flower.  Both flowers use an embossing folder at some point in its creation.  The back flower petals were embossed with a dot folder and then I used a brayer to apply ink to the raised portions of the cardstock.  For the front flower, I cut it from a panel that had been stenciled, colored and then crackle paste applied over the top.  I interchanged the flower borders for more interest.  The leaves are cut from a Distress Ink watercolor panel and the flower centers from a Brushos panel.  The card based is sponged with a stencil.  Whew!


The Details:  Distress Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Lemonade and Crackle Paint, Versamark, STampendous Detail white embossing powder, Recollections 110lb white cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black, TCW Ceiling Tile and Climbing Vine stencils, Lil' Inker Sun Sentiments, Paper Studio Mini Bubbles embossing folder, Memory Box Botancial Stem die, Jillian Vance Grandma's Garden Quilt Block die

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a creative way to use the quilt die, love your bright and cheery card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous bright and cheery quilted flowers Toni and I love the texture you created. SO sorry you are leaving the team but I wish you lots of luck in your next adventure.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! What a cool card! I just love the variety in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!