Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The Heart Desires Mid-Challenge #3 Inspiration


Time for some more The Heart Desires Challenge inspiration!  Where has the time gone?!  As a reminder, this month we're asking for you to use either succulents/plants, metallic colors, or woodgrain in your cards.


For my first card, I created my little pot of succulents by masking and coloring with Copics.  I then cut out the lot using my Scan n Cut.  I love the woodgrain and striped paper, sorta like a table or tablecloth, right?  I put down a row of metallic succulent as well as heart washi then mounted the pot on top with foam tape.  The sentiment is embossed in black so it would pop more against the stripes.  Swoon.

The heart embellies are cut from balsa wood which I originally left plain.  Boooring so I used a cotton swab to color them with copper pigment ink and then coated them with Glossy Accents.  Shiny!


The second card uses the same paper pad which I used to paper piece the cute balloon.  The simplicity of the design really allows the paper to shine, don't you think?

The Details:  Hero Arts Hello Gorgeous, My Favorite Things Sweet Succulents, Carta Bella Beach Day papers, Ranger Glossy Accents, VersaFine Onyx Black, WPlus9 Going Places, Paper Studio washi tapes, Mama Elephant Rounds and Rounds dies, Simon Says stitched rectangle die, Versamark, Hampton Art clear embossing powder, balsa wood, Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!